My Father never disowned me - Kemi Omololu Olunloyo-





Call her Efusetan Aniwura, the reincarnated Iyalode of Ibadan land and you won't be mistaken, Kemi Omololu Olunloyo is the daughter of the Former Governor of Oyo State Dr. Omololu Olunloyo. She is the CEO of HNNAfrica, a news network under parent company Keminications Media. She is got about three degrees; Journalism, Pharmacy and Public Relations but she is most popular for her controversial lifestyle online.
Kemi do not have permanent enemies of friends online. She said everything raw and the way it comes to her. She is not the kind that pretend or trying to be nice to anyone. She call a spade, spade to the hurts of many in the society including her father and several celebrities. She believes truth is bitter and hurts but must be told.
She has appeared as a journalist/reporter discussing terrorism and health topics on CNN, CBC News, Ruptly, CTV News, BBC, Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) and Fox News. In 2010, she served on the Governor's Advisory Council at Kingston General Hospital in Kingston, Ontario.
In this interview with Oyo Herald's Folashade Ojo and Bola Olalere she reveals the amazing relationship between her and her father despite all the online drama and talked about her next move! Politics, so to the people of Oyo South Senatorial districts, you better watch out for your next Senator, Madam Kemi Omololu Olunloyo



Let’s start with the reconciliation with your father, how did it happen?
I didn’t really break up with my dad or anything like that; my father will always be my father. I just had issues in the family that I had to talk to my father about. I accused my father of getting involved in political ritualism, many politicians get into all these things and I said a lot of things that he got embarrassed. I talked about my childhood in a documentary, how sad things were. How I lost my brother, even today he said it himself that I accused him of killing this person and that person and all that and we laugh it over. My dad is still my dad, contrary the lies online, my dad never disown me.  For once, he doesn’t own me but one thing about my father is that a lot of people enjoy calling him to say that Kemi wrote this on Facebook, Kemi twittered this. To those people , including the media , I think they are low self-esteem people, they need to be tweeting me or calling me or talking to me  rather than contacting  my father.

So what is the relationship with your father like now?
Excellent! My father will always be my father. I cook for my father , my father like Oyinbo foods, when he want Oyinbo foods he will give me money (laugh ) and say go to Shoprite and cook me “Onje Oloyinbo” (English food). He is 81 years old he needs healthy meals and I help him with his medication.
Also let me tell you this about my father, He had 51 appointments in 54 years. My dad is known for the shortest of them all, the governorship, three months. Young people today don’t understand, they use it to abuse me that your dad is just a three month Governor. They don’t understand why Olunloyo is famous, Minister, Commissioner, NSTDA, Obasanjo government, Babangida government, Abacha government, they don’t know about his appointments. In 2013 myself and my dad sat down from 3 am to 7 am, four hours, I was interviewing him about his appointments. He did a lot for Nigeria and that is why I blasted President Jonathan during the centenary celebration. Wole Soyinka, Professor Akinkungbe was my entire father’s classmate at Government College, they were in the same dormitory and they all got centenary award except my dad. I think Jonathan did that because he was upset that my father left PDP. I did a video and audio blasting president Jonathan for not giving my father the centenary awards and I think today Jonathan is regretting that, I think he called my dad.

You are used to going back on your words; you said this about your father now you are saying another thing. You were with Biafra now you are no more. What is all this inconsistencies for?
The only thing I have gone back on my words is Biafra. Biafra is a worthless cause. We are all marginalised in Nigeria. If there is a young set of people that want their own country, I will support it. Nigeria is not functioning. For me this country needs to go back to regional government. I think if we have that there will be no more Niger/Delta Militants and Biafra agitators but nobody wants that, everybody wants one Nigeria.
I have no problem supporting the Biafrans, but when I discovered who Namidi Kanu was and what he was preaching, I backed out. Namidi Kanu was preaching Biafra or death, we are going to get Biafra or we are going to die. That is advocating death and when you are advocating death you don’t get anything and then Namidi Kanu was broadcasting things on his Radio Station calling our President a Paedophile. I made it clear on Facebook; don’t call president Buhari a Paedophile on my platform. People started abusing me, I started abusing them back. I made it clear that you don’t advocate for death, Biafra or Death. I made it clear don’t call Yoruba’s,’YO Robbers”. I made it clear that you don’t call Fulani …’Foolani’’. I made it clear that tribalism will not be tolerated on my platform, do it on another platform, so the Biafrans got mad and started calling me names: drug addict, Asewo, this one that one. Most Igbos have very low self-esteem online am not saying that about the once on the street. Let me tell you this Mr. Olalere, the Biafrans online are mostly out of this country, they coward because when I do my life videos, you will see them Hey! I am live from Copenhagen, from Singapore, they are all abroad and forming Biafran groups abroad. They are not the once JTF are shooting on the street. The Igbos on the street are sacrificing a lot and are actually been brainwashed by Nnamidi Kanu. Yes I support the fact that he has committed treason, so I went back on my words and remove myself from that whole thing and I did an entire video saying ; Today I am going to remove myself from the Biafran Movement, I made it clear ,not that I just change. I adopted a name Nkem, just like a nickname and now all that is gone, am not going to support foolishness.


You are contemplating going into politics, tell us about that?
I am a daughter of Oyo and Oyo people should be proud of me. They should elect me into the house of representative or the senate. I am a very greedy person, when it comes to politics; mention it in your article like that that she said she is a very greedy person when it comes to politics. I don’t really want to go into the house I want to go straight into the Senate. You know why, Obama gave me that insight. Obama is the only United State Governor that was not a former governor; he went straight from Senate to the white house; you know what I mean , I don’t want to go the house , I want to go to the senate , I want to stand next to Ben Bruce , next to Dino.

(Cut in) but this Nigeria, not United States
Who cares?
And do you think the people of Oyo state will give you that opportunity?
They just have to give me that opportunity, so that we can kick whoever is there now out because if they don’t give the opportunity in 2019 they will continue to suffer from the hands of unqualified representatives and the state will remain stagnant. There will be hunger, there will not be job, they will not have direct access to the politicians and that is not in their best interest. I want to be Dapo Lam Adeshina times 10. Dapo (Lam Adeshina) comes home regularly and does town hall meetings. He provides for youths and carry them along, that is a good style of representation and that is what I want to offer my people. Remember what I said on Pulse Tv about Oyo Politics, Oyo state don’t give women chance in politics , the southwest pioneers female deputy governor in the country , Lagos has done it very well , Ogun state ,Ekiti and even Aregbesola ,why can’t we have a female deputy governor in Oyo state, what is wrong with  us? 

How will you access the current administration in the state? 
Governor Ajimobi is not working on all avenue of government; the government has failed in some respect; the workers are not happy, the teachers are protesting and the schools are shut. The government in Oyo state is not working very well; Ajimobi believes in the professional, so why is he not hiring us to do the job for him. To me this government is just 60% functional, though he still have about three more years, let’s hope for the best in the years to come there are no jobs for professionals.

Is being controversial and nasty is your hobby.
I will not change from being who I am; when the right people come they will appreciate you for who you are. Look, if I want to be nice now, I will just go to Facebook and start saying nice things that people want to hear, but that is not me, if I do that I won’t be able to sleep at night, I will be feeling guilty that I have not been nasty today.

(Cut in)Why must you be nasty all the time, you are 52, growing can you be a little bit nice?   
(Screaming) I am nice
How is your mum coping with all these your controversies?
She is never worried about me. My mum and I are very close and she reads my Facebook page every day, before I get home she is already gone through my page and she also get calls from people asking her to talk to me, but she is never bordered. I am 51 years old going to 52, my mum believes that am an adult, a socio critiques and a journalist. She actually loves what I am doing, she said that truth is bitter and Kemi will always tell the truth. My mum doesn’t grant interview with media only my dad does. When the punch interview my father in 2013, the punch has all kinds of questions for my dad; political career, his mother’s death and all of that and then there was one silly question; what about your controversial daughter, Kemi? Dad said I like my daughters view about religion, people went to church a lot before all these expressway churches and Kemi is bold to tell the truth where other people are shy and her views are hers and you can’t change it.

And that is the truth about me, you can ask me to apologise to Jide Kosoko, I can’t because I did not offend him. I said something simple, free speech. He should be investigated, everybody knows within their mind, but they will not say it but because am saying it; they started saying all manner of things. My mum also thinks that way, she believes truth is just bitter and people don’t like it. She is not disturbed at all, when her church members came to talk about my views on (Pastor) Adeboye, I blasted all of them and since then they stopped coming   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OKEOGUN ROADS NEED REHABILITATION - Bar. Waheed Lawal

CIVID-19: REFLECTIONS By Azeez Wasiu

Makinde To Re award Moniya Iseyin Road